Hello and welcome to my blog. I am Tristan. The face and mind behind rosetree_bookreviewer on Instagram (I'd love it if you follow me and talk about books with me! A link can be found at the bottom of the page.)
Ya'll! I did it! ...You may be thinking "Wait, did she just say 'ya'll'?!" Yes. Yes, I did. I live in Texas! But don't worry, I also have a degree which was mainly research based and I've written A LOT of papers - so I can write in proper English as well. Anywho...I started a blog! I began my journey in the bookish community in October 2019. A year ago, if you would have asked me where I see myself in 2020 -this would not be it. BUT I LOVE WHERE I AM! My role in the bookish community has taken off in the last couple of months and so I started this blog in January 2020 because I need my own platform for all the things I have planned this year! I am so thankful to everyone who has been and who continue to be part of this journey with me. All the publishers and authors who are so gracious and welcoming, the team at Once Upon A Book Club (all of my friends and family have heard me talk non-stop about this company for years!!), and my husband and family who support me even though I suspect some of them don't really understand why I devote so much time to this, haha!
I LOVE reading so my posts are not going to be super long. If you're here, you probably love reading too, and I am sure you'd rather be reading some amazing novel than spending too much time here...right!? So I will give you just enough information in the synopsis for you to decide if you want to read the book and just enough of my own thoughts/feelings for you to feel like we had a little chat --and hopefully you'll leave a comment letting me know what you think, so we CAN chat! Or go over to my Instagram and comment there - I have A TON more posts over there!
Some personal information:
* I grew up as a military brat and married a soldier, spending over a decade as a military spouse before my husband retired after serving for about 21 years. We have three amazing kids and a french bulldog.
* I love the beach and live close enough to one to enjoy it frequently.
* I am a Reading Rep and VIP for the Once Upon A Book Club monthly subscription box. I am beyond honored to have this role with one of my favorite brands/company. The cute quote card you see in my photo came from one of their boxes. If you are interested in subscribing, head over to https://www.onceuponabookclub.com/and enter code ROSETREE10 for 10% off!
* I love to talk about books, so please feel free to comment or email me.
* I enjoy almost all genres. You'll find that my reviews will branch into several different areas.